Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Fine tuning your blog

Go to your OVERVIEW and look for the SETTINGS


1. Then change the 'Who can comment?' to ANYONE.

2. Add Comment Moderation to Always - so the comments come to you for approval.

3. Add in the email that you want to moderated comments to go to. For a school I think it is wise for comment moderation to be turned on- moderation means that all comments get sent to the email address that you nominate and you get to decide whether you want to publish or delete the comment.

4. Turn Word Verification to OFF so that you don't have to type in the confusing verification letters. Put it back on if you find yourself getting spam comments.

5. You may also like to write a statement in the Comment Form Message to let your readers know what to expect when they leave a comment.


SAVE the settings.

Now go to the LANGUAGE AND FORMATTING and change the time zone to AUCKLAND.


And again save the settings.

And you're done apart from any other tinkerings that you might fancy.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Hi Allanah, Love your blog and your helpful hints. I want to know why my comments tab doesn't appear on the bottom of my blog. Posted by ........... at time is what is shown. I have ticked the comments in my setting page but still no success. Can you help me. Thank you. Kim

Kim said...

Hi Allanah, I was wondering if you are able to help me. At the bottom of each of my posts there is no 'Comments' tab. There is only "posted by ........at time". What can I do to fix this problem. Thanks, Kim